Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Latest From Bobby


Dear friends,

Many of you called and emailed last night to find out my thoughts on the decision by the Governor not to seek re-election. First of all, I want to start by saying that I wish our Governor and her family well. I realize this was a difficult decision for her, and I wish her the best.

Let me also say that I am very hopeful that everyone in our state will work together over the coming months to move our state forward. That is more important than partisan politics; the future of Louisiana is at stake.

These are difficult times for our state, and yet, I am very optimistic and even excited about the future of our state. I believe that we can do great things. We have been through a lot, but we are a very resilient bunch, and we can create a bright future for ourselves, our children, and our grandchildren.

The most important thing now is that we move beyond the status quo that has led our state to where we are now. Louisiana needs a big injection of new ideas and leadership, and I am ready to provide that leadership.

It is really not enough to say that we can successfully recover from Hurricanes Katrina and Rita. Important as that is, it is too small a goal. We do not want to just get back to where we were; we need to go much further.

You will hear a lot of political rumors about potential candidates over the next few weeks. I have been and I will continue to be very straightforward and honest with the people of Louisiana; I am running and I am running to win.

I cannot do it without your support.

To win this election, we will need 15,000 volunteers. To take back our state, we will need millions of dollars to fight national liberal organizations that are dead set on defeating us. To truly make a difference, we will need you, your family, and your friends to offer your public support of our campaign.

My campaign will be a very vigorous effort designed to win the support of every voter in every corner of our state.

Today, I am emailing you to ask for your personal commitment that you will stand by our campaign as we work to make Louisiana a better place.

To support our campaign financially, click here.

To offer your public support for our campaign, click here.

To volunteer, click here.

I am ready to lead our state forward, and I hope I can count on your support.

Bobby

No comments: